Tuesday 9 August 2011

Summer Loving?!

So it's summer and finally the sun has decided to shine over England! Only problem being that I dread having to expose my pale, neglected legs that have been hiding under skinny's or leggings for the last god-knows how many months! If you have the same problem, or just want a few recommendations on what's good and what to steer clear of, the read on...

EX FOLIATE!
This step is highly important in a summer skincare routine as know-one finds dried, flaky, prune legs attractive (or most people don't anyway!!) also, ex foliation is really important if you want to fake tan or maintain a real one. I would recommend a salt or sugar scrub as, from previous experience, they seem to do the job better. Be careful though, some can be too abrasive and take of the bad stuff and the good stuff... Bad times. I love Soap and Glory's Flake Away body scrub (300ml- £6.64 at boots). It smells a-m-a-zing and contains Shea butter and almond oil which leaves your skin polished, pampered and moisturised!


A good all rounder. St Ives Invigorating Apricot body scrub (300ml- £5.49 at boots) is also another favourite of mine as it scrubs good, is not as thick and Flake Away and is cheaper!


MOISTURISE!
It's especially important to moisturise in the summer to help keep your skin hydrated as the sun and general day-to-day things can make it look dull. This will make your skin feel softer and look healthier- every girls dream :D Some people prefer light creams in the summer as their not a heavy and absorb quicker but don't always get the best results. Palmer's Coco Butter Formula Lotion (250ml- £3.77 at boots) is great because as well as giving your skin a hugeeeeee drink, it also helps fade scars or un-even skin tone. Imperfections like these are barleys noticeable but I know I'm not the only one who feels everyone around you is staring at them so this just gives your confidence a little boost!

If your looking for a moisturiser with a a little colour in it, gradual tan, I would head for Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion(250ml- £5.10 at boots)! It has great moisturising properties and builds up a tan each day you use it which is great is you want a subtle tan that doesn't scream fake. Building the tan night by night also means it is less likely to become streaky or un-even as if you make a mistake you can quickly correct it the next day. Gradual tans also enable you to control your tan by deepening it in the summer months or making it lighter in the winter!


Finally.....


HAIR REMOVAL!
Fuzzy bear legs just don't look good in summer with shorts or dresses so action needs to be taken to solve this problem. This Summer, I tried waxing for the first time as it last longer than shaving or hair removal despite being more painful. I thought I would play it safe and go for home waxing first because the thought of me screaming in my local salon for the whole world to hear didn't seem too appealing. Did it hurt, yes, was I left with marks to prove it, yes, was there still hair on my leg after, yes. Overall... rubbish!! Went through the pain for really poor results so next time I would go and get it done by professionals who actually know what their doing (unlike myself) ;P I used Avon Skin So Soft wax strip kit for body which I deffo wouldn't recommend. If you want to try home waxing, rather than a salon i would use Veet as my friends tell me they give good results for a good price!

Hailey x

No comments:

Post a Comment